Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Zumba

I have a new workout! It's Zumba, a latin dance cardio kinda thing. It's tons of fun and a serious workout. I don't have any tapes, so I've just been following some routines from YouTube. The gal whose house we are renting and another gal in our ward who is moving soon are both Zumba instructors. So, since one is gone and the other is leaving the gym that they work at needs to hire someone new. It's something I'm looking into, but since I've never Zumba 'd before this last week I'm not exactly a front runner I'm sure. I'm having a great time though, and getting my butt kicked in the process!

4 comments:

  1. I still need to try this. I have heard good things about it. To get certified to be an instructor you might have to fly out of state of a course - I know cause I looked into it and all the certification courses in Phoenix are booked. Go to the official zumba website. (BUT you do live in Sierra Vista, so maybe they will let you do it certified or not - I don't see many people flocking there- ya know what I mean! :0) I gotta tell Jon to hurry up and burn me a DVD of it so I can try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, i would have to be certified, but if it's supposed to happen than it will happen! There is a class available in June in Sandy, ut.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just met the YMCA Zumba instructor last night. I have been wanting to try it out - in my free time!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE ZUMBA! The gym I go to here in VA has classes 3 days a week, I was telling Heather that during one class I burnt over 700 calories and it was fun which is the best part and you don't exactly have to have any "rhythm"...that part I enjoy too :). That would be fun if you certified, I would come to your class!

    ReplyDelete